Wednesday 16 October 2013

Thursday (17th) and Friday (work it out) at Blaina Institute


Do you remember me?  I never forgot you.
Just a short article to let you know, that according to Councillor Lisa Winnett, the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service are going to be ensconced in the Blaina Insitute between the hours of 10.30am and 4.30pm on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th October, during which time residents of Nantyglo and Blaina can voice their concerns over their master's plans to close our fire station down in order to save a few paltry pounds.

Now regardless of whether you have already filled in the survey or not (they will have forms available) it is important that if you can spare just 15 minutes, that you go to the Institute and you tell them in no uncertain terms about what you think about them endangering, not just our property but our lives.
I will be back and fore to the place during the course of the day to see what support is like, grab some images and then report on how the first day went, sometime tomorrow evening.

People should remember that Fire Service have already shown themselves to be either less than truthful or that they are prepared to use incorrect information and so everything they say to reassure you, should be taken with a pinch of salt.  You want the truth, then listen to the likes of Lisa Winnett.

On an unrelated issue, I have very fond memories of Blaina Institute, because it was there, way back in time when I was 12 or 13, that I had my first dance to the song Rhythm of the Rain by The Cascades, which led to my first real kiss, so for old times sake, below is the song that most of you my age will remember and still love.


See you at the dance, sorry Survey signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment