Friday 11 October 2013

What I would have asked Alun Davies AM on BRFM Radio

Alun Davies AM speaks out in defence of Blaina Fire Station
To be honest, I had never heard of BRFM Radio until just an hour or so ago, when I read on the Save Blaina Fire Station facebook page that Alun Davies, the Welsh Assembly Member for Blaenau Gwent was to speak live on air at 3.15am from their studio, which is located in Brynmawr, so these guys really are local.

Well the am bit threw me for a minute, but I figured I might as well go to their online radio section and listen in, in case they meant 3.15pm, which they did, it was a simple typo and boy do I know about them.

So what did the Assembly Member for Blaenau Gwent have to say?

Well much of what he told the listeners, in fact everything he told the listeners, most of us already knew, but I think he did a good job in reiterating what others had said before him with regards to response times and the concerns of the residents of Blaina and surrounding areas.

Alun Davies, Councillor Winnett, Mrs Griffin and the crew
He mentioned that he had today visited the station where he spoke to our Fire Crew and then as I could sense that he was about to wind up his talk, I hit the dial button to the station to see if I could perhaps ask him some questions before he left.

No luck, I selected option 1 on the studio answering machine but by which time, Alun Davies AM had left the building as the saying goes.  Oh well, these things happen.

Alun Davies AM in the hot seat
One good thing about this incident, or rather two goods things.

The first was that Alun is speaking in support of Blaina and I hope that he returns as promised to BRFM and gives us an update on who he has spoken to and how he thinks the campaign is going.

The other good thing, is that I have now got a local online radio station I can listen to and so far I am liking what I am hearing, so give it a go.

If you missed Alun's talk, the good news is, is that BRFM have a catchup facility, which means that you will be able to listen to the interview anytime you like and I do recommend you visit the site and do just that.

What were the questions I was going to ask Alun? - Guess you will just have to wait to find out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment