Monday 7 October 2013

How went the day?

So this is where we went
Well back now from the protest outside the civic centre in Ebbw Vale and I should imagine the meeting is winding up around about now.

There seemed little point in sticking around for a few hours to hear something we already know and we were well covered inside the meeting by the likes of Councillors Lisa Winnett and Councillor Bob Pagett, who I am sure will let us know what happened inside the meeting later today.

Councillors Pagett and Winnett - Remember them come the elections
Besides, the Chief Fire Officer Huw Jakeway had stated that he was not prepared to speak to the protestors after the meeting and so I thought I would get back and show you some of the images I took there.

The police were there and a very attractive and pleasant couple indeed
Sadly I have none of Huw, who fair play to the guy, went through the front door, but I tell you this for nothing, the guy could run for Wales he is that fast on his feet, although I am sure that he heard me shouting out that he should listen to the people of Blaina but by the time I had raised my camera he had vanished inside the building.   Oh well next time.

 Nigel was there, the guy on the left is Mark Watt of the FBU
So in no particular order here are the images I took at the protest that was fairly well attended considering the time they decided to have this controversial meeting at.  I will be updating this article as I learn more and gather more images.

Leaflet produced by the FBU was adequate
For the record, I had a chat with Mark from the FBU who raised some very good points to me, that I shall most certainly think about over the next day or so..

Who can argue with a lady - especially one with a big dog
I listened in on interviews that Mrs Margaret Griffin, the widow of one of the fire fighters killed whilst serving his community from the station the Fire Service want to close, to the newspapers and film crew that were present and she was magnificent.

Tina and Margaret Griffin speaking to ITV
As expected, it was mainly those who turned up at the first protest who were present at the second and the truth is, if we are to save our station then we must do better.  Then again it is early days yet.

Where would we be without the women of Blaina?
Ok, that is it for now.

I am sure I will be adding more as the day goes by.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to all who turned out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work from all concerned.

    Keep on fighting Blaina and don't let the bean counters win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT IS SICKENING IS THE FACT THAT THIS STATION IS AVAILABLE 24/7 365 AND OTHERS ARE NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD UP TO 500 HOURS OF NOT AVAILABLE YET THE PEOPLE WHO CARRIED OUT THIS REPORT SAY IT WONT MATTER WELL TAKE IT FROM ME IT WILL MATTER IF THE OTHER STATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND A HOUSE CATCHES FIRE WITH PEOPLE IN IT , THATS NOW WITH BLAINA AVAILABLE , IF THEY CLOSE WHO THE HELL IS COMING TO SAVE THE PEOPLE IN THAT HOUSE ABERCARN , ABERGAVENNY MERTHYR ? A LONG BLOODY WAY THATS FOR SURE

    ReplyDelete