Wednesday 27 November 2013

Thank you for the Days

This is Ours - Never let them steal it from us
Article out today in the South Wales Argus, confirming the news that the campaigners to Save Blaina Fire Station from closure have been succesful in their battle and so I guess there is no longer any need for this website.

Well the "thank yous" have all been done, so what else can I tell you?

You know who the key players were for the "good guys" and this site certainly made you aware of who the "bad guys" were.

So the battle is over, and it is time for me personally, to go rejoin my comrades in their campaigns against the evil ATOS, the vile Bedroom Tax and the filthy, greedy power companies that have been murdering our elderly by freezing them to death.

I shall endeavour to make their lives as miserable as they have made the lives of millions of British People.

This site has had a short but very active life.

The first article was posted on the 30th of September and then blazed through October and November with 65+ articles keeping you informed of how the campaign was going and providing background information and behind the scenes operations to ensure that the people of Blaina and Nantyglo were not deprived of the protection of their local fire station.

I got to know the brave boys (and one lady) of Blaina Fire Crew and I got to work with people like Lisa Winnett, and although I personally despise the traditional political parties, I would vote for Councillors like Lisa, because of their unwavering commitment to their local communities.

I will not let the information that I have gathered (much not published) on the deliberate destruction of the Fire Service in Wales go to waste, and will be passing the files onto an organisation that is dedicated to fighting those behind those plans.

I was disappointed at times by many people I called friends, by their apparent lack of concern, their apathetic responses to the planned closure and their negativity in saying that there was nothing anybody could do to save the station.

Well we proved them wrong, and I hope those people will step forward next time, should Blaina Fire Station have to fight off closure in the future.

Well it is always good to leave with a song and Graham at BRFM Radio has been kind enough to just put on Days by The Kinks as my final request from the website that was  Save Blaina Fire Station and whose final UK Ranking was an incredible 17,611.


I will leave the site up for historic purposes.

Bye guys, it's been a blast.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Paul, and all those that fought so hard to save our station. This blog has done a superb job in keeping us all up to date on every development over the last few months and I'm sure it played a big part securing Blaina Fire Station.

    Again, well done to all those that made it possible.

    Blaina Resident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BR. Please feel free to buy me a beer sometime:)

      Delete
  2. paul your efforts have been outstanding , please stay in the loop and dont take it for granted that this fight is over it may just be a short stay of execution ,
    this battle may be over but the war may not be won .

    They may be sending the generals to regroup or it may be that their war is going to be in a different front . Lets Hope so .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured my friend, I will be monitoring the situation and should the Fire Service try something underhand, I will be back, only back with a vengeance and they will curse the day they ever heard the name Blaina.

      There is lots of information we did not use and LOTS of resources we did not need to deploy, but we still have that information and the resources will always be available for Blaina Fire Station.

      You have my word on that.

      Delete
    2. Someone has to say it and it might as well be me.

      If those who sought to close down this facility really have gone to try their luck elsewhere, what that really means is that someone, somewhere else will be counting the cost.

      Delete
  3. The way of the world old friend as you know well. Good luck on the other matter, you will look at life completely differently I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Can Save Oneself from Being the Victim.

    ReplyDelete